KET’s TeleFund 2018 features Mr. Rogers documentary, Little Women sneak-peek, plus star-studded concerts and health specials
For Release: 02/07/18 11:33 AM
Few public figures are more beloved than Fred Rogers, whose pioneering children’s program premiered 50 years ago on PBS. To celebrate that milestone, KET’s TeleFund 2018 presents a new documentary, Mister Rogers: It’s You I Like, airing Saturday, March 3 at 10/9 am and Tuesday, March 6 at 8/7 pm on KET.
Hosted by Michael Keaton, who worked on the series during the 1970s, the hour-long special speaks with cast members of Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood – including Joe Negri (“Handyman Negri”) and David Newell (“Mr. McFeely”) – as well as Joanne Rogers, Fred’s widow. Additionally, celebrities including Judd Apatow, Whoopi Goldberg, John Lithgow, Yo-Yo Ma and others share how Rogers shaped and inspired them.
KET’s TeleFund 2018 – which runs March 3-18 – also includes a preview of the highly anticipated new Masterpiece series based on Louisa May Alcott’s Little Women. Little Women: A Timeless Story, airing Sunday, March 4 at 8/7 pm on KET, offers a first look at the all-star cast, including Angela Lansbury as Aunt March.
A KET TeleFund staple, Celtic Woman star in their must-see concert Homecoming: Ireland, airing Sunday, March 4 at 9/8 pm on KET and Thursday, March 8 at 8/7 pm on KET2. Viewers who donate to KET during TeleFund 2018 – by calling 1-800-866-0366 or visiting KET.org/donate – can receive tickets to Celtic Woman’s upcoming Kentucky performances in Paducah on April 22 or in Louisville on April 27.
Additional music highlights include dozens of concert specials including:
- Alan Jackson: Precious Memories airing Saturday, March 3 at 7/6 pm on KET2 and Saturday, March 10 at 5:30/4:30 pm on KET
- Johnny Mathis: Wonderful, Wonderful airing Saturday, March 3 at 8:30/7:30 pm on KET2 and Sunday, March 11 at 6/5 pm on KET
- Magic Moments – The Best of ’50s Pop airing Saturday, March 3 at 7/6 pm on KET and Sunday, March 11 at 8/7 pm on KET2
- The Highwaymen Live at Nassau Coliseum airing Saturday, March 3 at 9/8 pm and Sunday, March 4 at 4:30 pm on KET and Friday, March 9 at 8/7 pm on KET2
- Doo Wop Generations (My Music) airing Saturday, March 10 at 7/6 pm on KET.
And, for viewers interested in improving their health or nutrition in 2018, TeleFund offers an array of self-improvement programs, including Incredible Aging: Adding Life to Your Years, hosted by Meredith Vieira. Airing Monday, March 5 at 8/7 pm on KET, the program charts the biology behind why we age and offers guidance on achieving one’s best-possible health. Other highlights include:
- BrainFit: 50 Ways to Grow Your Brain with Daniel Amen, MD and Tana Amen, RN airing Saturday, March 3 at noon/11 am on KET2 and Wednesday, March 14 at 8/7 pm on KET
- On the Psychiatrist’s Couch with Daniel Amen, MD airing Sunday, March 4 at 3/2 pm on KET and Thursday, March 8 at 10/9 pm on KET2
- Food: What the Heck Do I Eat? With Mark Hyman, MD airing Monday, March 5 at 2/1 pm on KET2 and Tuesday, March 6 at 9:30/8:30 pm on KET.
TeleFund offers an opportunity for viewers to support KET’s mission to provide quality, trusted programs that bring learning to life.
KET is Kentucky’s largest classroom, where learning comes to life for more than one million people each week via television, online and mobile. Learn more about Kentucky’s preeminent public media organization at KET.org, on Twitter @KET and at facebook.com/KET.
Senior Director, Marketing and Communications