KET’s Be My Neighbor Day event in Louisville celebrates giving back to the community
For Release: 03/30/22 8:00 AM
Families are invited to join KET and its partners, PNC Grow Up Great and Fred Rogers Productions, for Be My Neighbor Day on Sunday, April 10, from 12 – 4 pm at E.P. “Tom” Sawyer State Park in Louisville.
The free, family event builds on the values and themes presented in Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood, showing children what it means to be a caring neighbor and teaching them the importance of giving back to the community.
Be My Neighbor Day features an assortment of fun and engaging activities, such as:
- A socially distanced meet-and-greet with Daniel Tiger
- Meet local community helpers, featuring first responders, farmers, librarians and more
- Arts & crafts and nature activity stations
- Quiet tent with iPads and award-winning PBS apps
- Live music from local musician John Gage
- A healthy kids corner with healthy snacks and hands-on activities
The event is free, but registration is required at KET.org/Neighbor.
KET is Kentucky’s largest classroom, where learning comes to life for more than one million people each week via television, online and mobile. Learn more about Kentucky’s preeminent public media organization at KET.org, on Twitter @KET and at facebook.com/KET.
Director of Marketing and Communications