KET Forum examines the next steps in the fight against lung disease in Kentucky
For Release: 02/21/22 12:02 PM
KET’s three-part Fighting to Breathe series, which examines the under-told story of lung disease in Kentucky, culminates next week with a KET Forum that looks at the next steps in the fight for respiratory health.
Fighting To Breathe: A KET Forum airs on Monday, Feb. 28, at 9:30/8:30 pm on KET.
The forum, hosted by Renee Shaw, features a panel of health and environmental experts who discuss state policies and systems solutions that could help make an impact in Kentucky’s battle with lung disease. Scheduled guests include:
- Shannon Baker, director of advocacy with American Lung Association in Kentucky
- Ellen J. Hahn, PhD, RN, FAAN, professor and director or BREATHE and UK-CARES with UK College of Nursing
- Connie Gayle White, M.D., deputy commissioner for clinical services with Kentucky Department of Public Health
- Jennifer Redmond Knight, DrPH, Asst. Professor of Health Management and Policy, UK College of Public Health (pre-recorded)
- Aruni Bhatnagar, Ph.D., director, UofL Christina Lee Brown Envirome Institute (pre-recorded)
Fighting to Breathe is funded, in part, by grants from the Foundation for a Healthy Kentucky and the Kentucky Medical Association (through a grant from the Anthem Foundation).
For more info, visit KET.org/respiratory.
KET is Kentucky’s largest classroom, where learning comes to life for more than one million people each week via television, online and mobile. Learn more about Kentucky’s preeminent public media organization at KET.org, on Twitter @KET and at facebook.com/KET.
Director of Marketing and Communications