KET Forum discusses mental health concerns of students and teachers
For Release: 03/16/22 12:39 PM
In this KET Forum, hosted by Renee Shaw, Kentucky educators share their classroom experience since the COVID-19 outbreak and discuss how they’re addressing the mental health concerns among their teaching colleagues and their students. Scheduled guests appearing on the program include:
• Sarah Smorstad – a math and reading interventionist with Nicholasville Elementary in Jessamine County
• Commissioner Jason Glass – Kentucky Department of Education
• Dontryse Greer – district mental health specialist with Fayette County Public Schools
• Willie Edward Taylor Carver, Jr. – French and English teacher with Montgomery County High School and 2022 Kentucky Teacher of the Year
• Kaitlyn Mullins – English teacher with Pulaski County High School (via Skype)
Mental Health in Education: A KET Forum airs on Monday, March 21, at 9/8 pm on KET and on Thursday, March 24, at 10/9 pm on KET2.
KET is Kentucky’s largest classroom, where learning comes to life for more than one million people each week via television, online and mobile. Learn more about Kentucky’s preeminent public media organization at KET.org, on Twitter @KET and at facebook.com/KET.
Director of Marketing and Communications