KET announces winners of its ‘Meet The Helpers’ Summer Story Contest
For Release: 08/31/20 9:27 AM
KET is pleased to announce the winners of Meet the Helpers, the inaugural KET Summer Story Contest that celebrates the everyday helpers and heroes who answer the call during the pandemic.
Children in K-3 grades were invited to submit stories describing selfless acts from the helpers they witness in their communities. KET Education is proud to announce six winners from across the Commonwealth:
- Sadie Hofmann, Kindergarten, Jesse Stuart Elementary, Madisonville – My Doctor
- Nakshatra Vemula, First Grade, Bridgeport Elementary, Frankfort – Meet the Helpers
- Ellie Hofmann, Second Grade, Jesse Stuart Elementary, Madisonville – The Helpers In My Life
- Kumar Chetan Puli, Second Grade, Rosa Parks Elementary, Lexington – Meet Our Helpers
- Ellie Groene, Third Grade, Beechwood Elementary, Fort Mitchell – My Superhero Mom
- Francis Tullius, Third Grade, Kolbe Academy, Somerset – The Grandheroes vs the Coronavirus
The list of winners and their entries also may be found at ket.org/education/summer-story-contest.
KET is Kentucky’s largest classroom, where learning comes to life for more than one million people each week via television, online and mobile. Learn more about Kentucky’s preeminent public media organization at KET.org/Education and on Twitter @EducationKET.
Senior Director, Marketing and Communications