‘COVID Update: A KET Forum’ shares new information about COVID-19 from experts and answers viewers’ questions
For Release: 02/05/21 4:23 PM
Hosted by Renee Shaw, COVID Update: A KET Forum presents new information from trusted experts about COVID-19 and answers viewers’ questions. Topics include vaccine phases, where and how to register for the vaccine, mask recommendations, virus mutations and more.
COVID Update: A KET Forum airs Monday, Feb. 8 at 9/8 pm on KET.
The panel of guests includes:
- Dr. David Dougherty, M.D., infectious disease specialist at Baptist Health Lexington
- Jon Klein, M.D., Ph.D., Vice Dean for Research at the University of Louisville School of Medicine
- Vincent J. Venditto, Ph.D., assistant professor at the University of Kentucky College of Pharmacy (via Skype)
- Dr. Steven Stack, M.D., commissioner of the Kentucky Department for Public Health (pre-recorded)
- Secretary Jim Gray, Kentucky Transportation Cabinet and director of Kentucky’s Vaccine Distribution Project (pre-recorded)
Additionally, in pre-recorded segments, Dr. Wayne Tuckson, host of KET’s Kentucky Health, joins Renee to discuss vaccine hesitancy in communities of color and racial disparities in contracting COVID-19. And Ron Milwee, chief executive officer of Ambulatory Services with Appalachian Regional Healthcare (ARH), discusses how the agency has set up vaccination sites in different communities in Eastern Kentucky and the challenges of procuring adequate vaccine supply.
KET is Kentucky’s largest classroom, where learning comes to life for more than one million people each week via television, online and mobile. Learn more about Kentucky’s preeminent public media organization at KET.org, on Twitter @KET and at facebook.com/KET.
Senior Director, Marketing and Communications