Steven Pinker and Neal Conan
Steven Pinker, author of The Better Angels of Our Nature: Why Violence Has Declined, is interviewed by Neal Conan, host of Talk of the Nation on NPR.
Watch the Program and Web Exclusive Videos:
After the taping of Great Conversations, the audience is invited to ask questions of the author. KET presents these after-the-show segments as online exclusives.
- How do bonobos differ from chimpanzees, and how are both similar to humans? (1:34)
- Have our wars gone from having many deaths to being replaced with many maimings and injuries? (2:03)
- What is your opinion on measuring urban violence on a block-by-block basis? (1:48)
- What are your predictions on levels of violence ever reaching zero? (3:30)
- Is war cyclical and should we be concerned it’s been over 70 years since the last world war? (1:43)
- Does socializing at the family dinner table help to influence the level of violence? (1:17)
- Do violent games make people violent? (2:27)
For more information on past and upcoming programs, visit the Kentucky Author Forum Web site maintained by the University of Louisville.