TV Broadcast Equipment Operator (Part-time)
Back to Careers and Internships home | Download the KET/State Application (Word doc)
KET is Kentucky’s only statewide media organization, serving more than one million people each week with programs and services that educate, inform, and inspire. In addition to broadcasting PBS programming, KET produces a variety of award-winning local productions. KET also creates and provides highly regarded instructional resources, reaching students and educators throughout Kentucky and the nation. KET has the following part-time position opening at its Lexington Network Center:
TV Broadcast Equipment Operator (Part-time position)
Broadcast Operations Manager
- Record satellite and studio feeds, while monitoring and assuring that the signals meet with good broadcast engineering practices and FCC standards.
- Ingest and prepare content for over-the-air broadcasting or distribution by IT platforms from the network operations center.
- Monitor and preview programming playlists to ensure that all assets are ready for broadcast as scheduled.
- Manage on-air logs, automation playlists, and server-based computer systems in a multi-channel digital television network operations center.
- Prepare discrepancy reports regarding scheduling, traffic, and on-air irregularities, ensuring closed captioning is accurate, and broadcast maintains FCC requirements.
- Operate digital television content recording and playback systems to support studio productions and monitoring of DTV transmitters and towers.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required:
High school diploma or GED with 2 years of experience in the operation of digital television broadcast equipment.
Salary: Dependent on qualifications and experience
Cover letter and resume to be sent to Employment & Recruiting, KET, 600 Cooper Drive, Lexington, KY 40502 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or send via fax to 859-258-7765.
Position open until filled.
KET is an equal opportunity employer.